Photography has become such a phenomenon these days that almost all people have a camera in their hands. Even everyday chores and activities are being documented and posted on social media. But even with virtual publishing of photos as a trend, getting hard copies is equally important as well.
That is why getting an own unit of a functional photo printer is important. That being said, there is actually a wide variety of printer models that one can choose from these days. How do you choose the best photo printer 2020? Here is a list of photo printer features that our specialists think can help you decide which model to buy.
1. Canon Selphy CP1300
The Canon Selphy CP1300 is a small and elegant photo printer. This wifi-enabled printer makes it easier for you to create high-quality photos directly from your smart devices (phones, tablets, etc), SD cards or digital cameras at anytime.
Key Features ;
- Portable design with a size of 18.1 x 13.6 x 6.3 cm
- Faster wireless prints from your smart devices via canon print app, Mopria for Android and apple AirPrint for iOS devices
- Dye sublimation technology that allow you to enjoy high-quality outputs and colour gradation
- Easy to operate using tilting 8.1 cm (3.2”) LCD so you can view photos before printing it.
- On-screen menu for faster navigation
2. HP Sprocket 200
This is one of the smallest photo printer by HP. Unlike other portable photo printers, the physical size of the HP Sprocket 200 is very small, measuring just 80 x 117.5 x 25mm. Even you can store it in your pants pocket easily, considering this printer weighs only 170 grams.
- It uses Zink Zero Ink technology so it doesn’t require any ink cartridges
- HP Sprocket app, works via Bluetooth that allows you to print photos directlt from your phones or social media accounts.
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- It can be paired with iOS and Android devices (phones and tablets)
- Charges via micro-USB
- The photo printing process is quite fast. In less than 1 minute, photos will print out.
3. HP Sprocket Photo Printer
Here is another compact photo printer from HP, the HP Sprocket., you can put it into your bag. This printer has almost the same size as a Smartphone and comes with a minimalist design that is compact and lightweight (170 grams) so it can easily fit into your bag or pocket easily.
- Connect your social media accounts to this printer using HP Sprocket App then you can print any colourful photos on your social media accounts with ease.
- Add personal touch to photos before printing. You can add some text, borders, emoji’s and so forth
- Weighing around 170 g
- Dimension : 4.53 x 2.95 x 0.87 inches
- No need for ink refills because it uses HP ZINK Photo Paper
- Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity
4. HP Deskjet 2630
The Deskjet 2630 from HP is a wireless printer for the home, this printer is not only reliable for printing documents but it also works great for printing photos. You can connect your mobile devices with ease and start printing fast thanks to its easy setup. Overall, It can help to reduce the complications of your daily printing needs.
- All-in-One: In addition to its main function for printing documents, you can also use this printer for Copy and Scan.
- HP AIO printer remote app allows you to manage all printing & scanning tasks while on the go easily.
- Print speed: Up to 7.5 ppm ISO black and 5.5 ppm ISO colour.
- Print resolution: Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi for black and 4800 x 1200 dpi colour.
- Support iOS AirPrint.
- Easy to use control panel
5. Canon SELPHY CP1000
Using this Canon portable printer, you can get instant output for classy photo prints. It has a small yet elegant design where you can choose between four print finishes as well as Dual ID printing that can be used by anyone easily.
- Easily print photos from your camera, USB or memory cards
- You can crop before print photos
- 2.7 inch LCD for easy navigation & viewing
- The on-screen menu makes it easier for navigation
- Print settings can be stored, a very useful feature especially if you want consistent results.
6. Epson Expression Photo XP-15000
This is a photo printer from Epson, the XP-15000 that allow you to create professional & high quality looking photos up to A3+. With the six colour Claria HD Inks, combined with red and grey, the print outputs come in greater details. It also comes with a variety of mobile printing applications and bigger LCD screen for easy operation.
- Epson iPrint app – Print wirelessly from your mobile phones, tablets, etc. You can print all photos and docs with ease while on the go.
- Complete connectivity options: Wifi, Wifi direct and ethernet
- Auto power on that can automatically activate the printer: When a print job has been sent, the output tray will open automatically.
- Front-loading paper tray that can handle paper up to A4
- Print speed: 9PPM for black/colour
- 2.4 screen size
7. KiiPix Portable Photo Printer
KiiPix Photo Printer for mobile phones is one of the best portable photo printers one of the best photo printers where the design looks elegant and modern. This printer can be operated easily and is ideal for those of you who like to travel so you can print photos on the go. With this printer, you can fix red eye, add your favourite emoticons and text and more.. Unlike other printers, the price of this printer is very affordable.
Key Features :
- You don’t need a battery or cable to operate it
- Easy to use: Place film then place your phone, and print.
- It has compact size so you can take it anywhere
8. Instax Share SP-2
Not only does it have instant camera lines, Fujifilm Instax, Fujifilm also has a portable printer product, the Instax Share!. This portable printer allows users to print photos directly from a smartphone or tablet. This printer is the second generation and comes with a series of updates. Compared to the older generation, Instax Share SP-1, this printer looks fresher with a new design that looks modern and minimalist.
- Print photos from your social media accounts, Instagram and Facebook. Along with compatible Fujifilm cameras
- It only takes 10 seconds for printing a photo
- Print resolution of up to 320 dpi
- There are many design templates. (split and collage designs are also included)
- NP-45s Li-ion rechargeable battery
- For a single charge, the battery can be used to print up to about 100 sheets of film paper.
- Charging time only requires about 90 minutes.
9. Canon Zoemini Photo Printer
Canon Zoemini features ZINK (zero-ink) technology and is connected to the Canon Mini Print application via Bluetooth to print instant photos and social media footage in seconds. Canon Zoemini prints 2 × 3 inch (5 x 7.6cm) photos directly from the mobile, tablet or social media application. Weighing only 160 g and dimensions of 118 mm x 82 mm x 19 mm, the physical Canon Zoemini is even shorter than a smartphone that is currently even more difficult to hold by hand. Its thickness is still relatively thick, but it is still possible to carry it in a handbag or even a pocket.
- Instant print from mobile devices
- Slip into your pocket
- Including 1 pack of ZINK Photo Paper
- Canon Mini Print app
10. HP Envy Photo 6230
HP has long been a world leader in imaging and the printers that it offers are outstanding. Take a look at the HP Envy 6230. The device has complete printing, copying, and scanning functions and it has good speed. It also has automatic duplex printing functions. As a printer, it serves its duties well. It has a speed of 13 pages per minute for black and 8 pages per minute for coloured printouts. Its maximum resolution is 4800×1800 dpi.
- Wireless connectivity capabilities
- Mobile printing capability: Print directly from your phone using HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint
- Memory: Standard 256 MB
- HP Instant Ink
Premium Photo Printers
If you are a photographer and looking for premium photo printers, you should consider two products below
– Canon SELPHY CP1000
Using this Canon portable printer, you can get instant lab quality prints easily at anytime and anyplace where you can print directly from Camera, USB and Memory Cards. There are some good features from this device including a choice of four print finishes and also Dual ID printing. It only takes less than 1 minute for printing high-quality photos, thanks to Dye sublimation technology that can deliver excellent depth as well as colour gradation.
– Epson EcoTank ET-7750
The Epson ET-7750 inkjet printer is a multifunction device (scan and copy) and it provides a very low-cost solution when printing high-quality photographs and it is one of the best multi-format printers. This printer produces superb output at very low running costs and you can enjoy A3 photo printing as well. Other key features of this printer including wireless connectivity, auto duplex, and 6.8cm LCD screen. Its main selling point, of course, can be seen on the ink bottles included, where with the included ink, you’ll be able to print more than 3000 photos.
– Canon PIXMA Pro-100S
The Canon PRO-100 printer comes with amazing capabilities where the output has a resolution of up to 4800 x 2400 dpi. This printer is intended for beginner photographers who want to develop their hobbies, because it has a much lower price than Epson EcoTank ET-7750 printers above. Even so, the output is also reliable and impressive. Canon Pixma Pro-100 printers are equipped with LAN connectivity to connect the printer with a network in your home or office. This printer also has a wireless connection system that allows users to print images without using a cable connection, up to a distance of 60m. For larger printing needs, it can print up to A3 + size to print your photos in full resolution.
Finding the Right Photo Printer
Evaluating Your Needs
When it comes to purchasing a photo printer, many people walk into a store, buy an overpriced one and go home to use it once only to find it is way too advanced for their needs. They either end up never using it again, or they return it and stay away from using a photo printer. However, photo printers are on the verge of becoming the norm when it comes to printer, and everyone should have one in their home.
There are a few tips you can follow to find the perfect fit for you, your computer and your photos.
Do you print a lot of pictures?
When it comes down to it, if you want to use a photo printer to replace going to a store to have them print your photos, then, investing in a photo printer is the best practice. However, if you’re only printing the equivalent of a roll or two here or there, a photo printer is not the most cost-efficient option. Professional photographers and graphic artists generally will spend $200+ on a photo printer, if you fit in neither of those categories, you can spend less than $100 to get a decent photo printer for your needs.
What features will you use most often?
Different photo printers have a wide range of features you can take advantage of. Everything from memory card readers to LCD displays can enhance how you print photos. What features will you need to use to get quality use out of your photo printer? Photo printers are meant to be stand-alone machines. You should be able to either plug your digital camera into the printer and print from it or use an LCD display and plug the memory card into the printer to use it. Of course, you can always print directly from your computer, too, but that is not the point of modern-day photo printers. If you fall into the category of someone who would just print from your computer itself, chances are you do not need to invest in the higher-end photo printers unless you are looking for high-quality prints.
Do you have a brand preference?
Most computer owners have a brand preference, if that is the case with you, search for photo printers within that particular brand. It will cut down the amount of printers you will be looking at, and it will make the choice that much easier.
Researching Your Options
When you begin researching your options for a photo printer, you will want to keep a list of the printers that meet your criteria. That does not mean you should exclude printers that fit outside your box, it just means that you should stick to printers within your range. That way you can purchase the right photo printer for your needs, your photos and your price range. Those three characteristics are the best way to find the right photo printer.
Check out web sites like CNET or Amazon, they have reliable reviews listed by people who own and use the products on a day-to-day basis. This will gage how others used the printer as well as their experiences with it, and if you like what you read, then, chances are you will also like how the printer works in your own home.
Heading out to buy
If all else fails, you can also visit your local consumer electronics store and check out printers on display. Most retailers will have some of their photo printers hooked up to print out test photos so you can see how long it will take to print as well as the quality of photos printed. Any last-minute questions and concerns can also be addressed, and if you are happy with what you see, you can head home with a new photo printer to use.